Embedded SW Developer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for an Embedded SW Developer at ABB Oy, Drives Business line in Helsinki.
- Embedded software development for frequency converters including new feature development, optimization and refactoring, internal and external customer support and developing build and testing environments
- Refining customer needs together with software team and other stakeholders
- Collaborating with other teams that are developing software and hardware for frequency converters
- Quality assurance in all phases of development work
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Master or Bachelor of Science in software engineering, automation or electronics
- Shown experience in C and C++ programming
- The experience of embedded real-time systems
- The knowledge of modern software development tools and practices
- The willingness to understand customer need and applications where end product is used
- Quality oriented approach
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
- Experience of Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS, Jenkins and static code analysis are desired
- Knowledge and experience of Scrum is an advantage
- Knowledge of electronics, power electronics or control engineering is beneficial
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer a team spirited working environment and challenging and varying work assignments in global environment. Our organization is strongly committed to agile working methods and development and planning are done Scrum teams. Continuous integration, automated testing and modern development tools are key elements for our daily work. You will have opportunity for personal development in form of trainings and daily collaboration with other experts. Our global environment offers future career possibilities for example in roles of software architect, scrum master or product owner.
For more info, see below what it means to be part of our software community in ABB Drives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uJr7mTJ7KA&feature=youtu.be
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by December 9, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Ilkka Pekkarinen, +358 50 3322834, firstname.lastname@example.org