- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for an OLTC (On-Load Tap Changer) Service Technician at ABB Power Grids Oy, Transformers Business Line in Vaasa. You will be responsible for the field service of transformers at customer sites, with particular focus on the maintenance of tap changers. The position involves large amount of travel mainly in Finland.
- On-site maintenance of on-load tap changers
- Transformers maintenance on our workshop in Vaasa
- Other transformer maintenance and installation works on site
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. in electrical engineering or equivalent knowledge and competence based on vocational qualification and long working experience as an electrician
- A few years’ experience in working with transformers and tap changers in design and manufacturing, services or in an industrial or utility operating environment
- General knowledge of the design, manufacturing and maintenance of distribution and/or power transformers
- The competencies and practical skills generally required from a professional electrician
- Good communication and teamwork skills and the ability to adapt to changes
- A determined and responsible approach to working and to achieving targets
- A good motivation for keeping customer commitments
- Knowledge of basic MS Office tools
- Excellent communication skills in Finnish
- Ideally, you have experience in on-site tap changer maintenance or transformer installation and measurements and of other electrical equipment above 110 kV
- Good communication skills in English, Swedish or other languages are an advantage
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic working environment and the opportunity for professional development in transformer technology and project management.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by November 25, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Janne O Lehtonen, Service Manager, tel. +358 50 334 2136.