- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Supply Planner at ABB Oy, Drives business line in Helsinki. Supply Planner has important role to secure material availability to the production by defining, building and controlling supply network with suppliers, sourcing and production. In this role, you will proactively drive through development initiatives to improve suppliers’ performance. You will work closely with our suppliers, sourcing and production teams as well as with logistics, R&D and quality.
- Continuously develop and maintain the operational performance of suppliers to reach agreed targets
- Secure material availability by proactively managing supply material network
- Collaborating with sourcing, buyers, production and quality to get the best supplier performance in terms of delivery, quality, lead time and flexibility.
- Calculating and maintaining inventory parameters in the ERP system: safety stock, reorder points, lot sizes, lead times, and replenishment strategies
- Continuously improve accuracy of material plans with production
- Continuously increasing your own and the team’s competence
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering
- A few years’ work experience in supply chain management
- Experience to drive through process harmonization activities successfully with internal stakeholders and with suppliers
- A proven ability to drive process changes with passion and with forward looking mindset
- Ability to innovate and create new solutions in dynamic working environment
- A proven track record in and hands-on approach to improving supplier performance
- Good problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
- Ideally, you have a proactive and systematic way of working
- Knowledge of MS Office and SAP is seen as an advantage
- A customer-focused approach is desired
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer a challenging position in an international working environment, a great opportunity to join our transition journey to bring our future supply material flow management to the next level, the opportunity for personal development and the opportunity to further your career in a global company.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by November 25, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Kimmo Lampinen, Manager Supply Operations, tel.+358 50 332 3321.