- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Service Technician to ABB Power Grids Finland Oy, Transformers service Business Line in Vaasa. Your responsibility is field service, installation and commissioning of transformers at customer sites. The position involves large amount of travel mainly in Finland but also worldwide. We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic working environment, as well as the opportunity for professional development in transformer technology and project management.
- On-site maintenance
- Installation and commissioning work on site
- Transformer maintenance in our workshop in Vaasa
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Competence based on vocational qualification and working experience as an electrician with high voltage competence
- The competence and practical skills generally required from a professional electrician
- Good communication and teamwork skills and the ability to adapt to changes
- A determined and responsible approach to work and to achieving targets
- A good motivation for keeping customer commitments
- Knowledge of basic MS Office tools
- Excellent communication skills in Finnish and good communication skills in English, Swedish or other language skills are beneficial
- Ideally, you have a few years’ experience in working with transformer manufacturing, service or operation in an industrial or utility environment.
- General maintenance knowledge of distribution and/or power transformers is an advantage
- Experience in transformer electrical measurements, as well as experience of other electrical equipment above 110 kV is beneficial
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by January 15, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Jan Grönholm, Service Manager, tel. +358 50 334 4505.