Production Development Engineer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Production Development Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators Business Line in Helsinki. You will be responsible for driving production technology and automation activities in assembly environment. You are a member of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Team. At this position, you act as a key technical resource and project leader for the successful implementation of production technology strategy. Your ambition is to make quality happen, improve manufacturing processes and increase productivity through LEAN methods. In this role you work in cross-functional teams for ensuring seamless collaboration between different stakeholders.
- Executing production development projects.
- Leading production investments projects including long-term capacity calculation and cost-benefit analysis.
- Defining and implementing productivity solutions for manufacturing processes.
- Supporting production departments in continuous improvement activities.
- Designing and maintaining factory 2D/3D-layout models.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering or another suitable field.
- A few years’ experience in the production environment.
- An understanding of assembly industry, automation and production technology with hands-on attitude.
- Strong analytical skills, systematic way of working and development-oriented mindset. Experience in statistical analysis and tools is a benefit.
- Experience in 2D/3D CAD system and production cost analysis.
- Experience of Lean manufacturing.
- Excellent organizational and cross-functional communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 2, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Esa Lähteenmäki, tel. +358 50 332 4875.