Sales Support Engineer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Sales Support Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports business line in Vuosaari, Helsinki.
- Being a member of Azipod sales support team.
- Responsibility for technical evaluation and technical material of the sales project.
- Participating in customer meetings in the sales phase.
- Coordinating sales phase engineering activities.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A M. Sc. degree in the field of Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering or equivalent knowledge.
- At least 3 years’ experience in marine industry.
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English. Other languages (such as German, French, Italian) are seen as an advantage.
- Understanding of ship specifications
- Knowledge of classification societies rules.
- Systematic and precise way of working as well as holistic thinking.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Experience in Autocad.
- Commitment to solve technical challenges.
- Ability to work under pressure and to make decisions
- Understanding of customer focusing.
- Ideally, you have experience in ship propulsion systems and knowledge of ship manufacturing process.
- Experience in electric systems is beneficial.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer an innovative international working environment with the possibility to work together with the world's leading experts in the field of electric propulsion. In this position, you will have a grandstand view to the international marine business and ABB's worldwide organization offers you possibilities to develop your skills further.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by November 17, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Tero Tamminen, tel. +358 50 332 3627.