Technology Manager, Local Product Group Electric Solutions
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Technology Manager at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports Business Line in Helsinki. As a Technology Manager, you are leading the Electric Solutions technology and product development in business driven, customer focused and quality-oriented manner. The development projects are related to development of reliable, energy efficient, technologically advanced and competitive solutions related to electrical power generation, distribution, utilization and control for vessel segments such as cruise ships, icebreakers and ferries.
- Actively seeking and proposing new product development opportunities that are in line with the Global Product Group Electric Solutions strategy.
- Leading the product development process according to standardized model, as well as ensuring that the development projects remain in budget and schedule and meet the defined project targets.
- Leading and initiating cooperation with our Corporate Research Centers and Universities to coordinate research activities and feature pipelines into the product development roadmap.
- Close collaboration with our customers, sales and product management to ensure that our development projects remain in line with the customer expectations.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- In order to succeed, you should have M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and several years of experience in leading technology professionals.
- You should be analytical and systematic in planning and analysing the change needs but remain practical and solution focused in execution.
- A background in Marine industry and in power systems, drives or electrical machines is considered an advantage.
- Your English must be fluent.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by December 16, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Matti Silvennoinen (matti.silvennoinen(a)fi.abb.com, +358 50 3322250 latest by 16th December 2019.