- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a dedicated Design Engineer at ABB Power Grids Oy, Transformers business line
This is an opportunity to work with engineering challenges in an international project environment. In this position you will be part of the order delivery process of the most complex and demanding transformer and reactor designs that the industry has to offer.
- In this role, you will be responsible for design of economical, mechanically sound active part structures that cover also the DFM aspects.
- Main responsibilities are the design of windings, core, active part assembly and design of internal connections.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- To be considered for this position, we require B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering. It will be an advantage if you have 3 - 5 years’ experience working in similar position.
- Good understanding in electrical engineering, manufacturing and material technology. Understanding of mechanical engineering is seen as an advantage.
- Skills in Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Creo Parametric or similar parametric 3D design tool.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Finnish and English.
- On a more personal level we hope you can work systematically and also be able to work independently and as a member of a team.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
We offer a challenging position in an international working environment. Opportunity for personal development and to further your career in a global company.
Interested in joining our team in this role? Then please apply at your earliest convenience and no later than December 23, 2019.
For more information about this role, please contact Jarno Halmeenpää, Engineering Manager, at +358 50 334 7645.