Mechanical Design Engineer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators Business Line in Vaasa. You will be part of a highly skilled engineering team. In addition to the mechanical design of motors, your role also includes teamwork with other stakeholders within the factory organization as well as global sales.
- Mechanical design of customer-specific, low-voltage induction motors
- Order-specific documentation
- Close co-operation with electrical engineering.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical engineering
- Customer-oriented mindset, team-playing skills and the ability to make quick decisions
- Familiarity with MS Office and SAP
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering and CAD
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
- Ideally you have experience of electric drive systems or electric motors
- Knowledge of industrial applications is seen as an advantage
- Other language skills besides Finnish and English is considered as a benefit
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
- A challenging position in an order-focused engineering team, responsible for the on-time design of customer-specific low-voltage motors
- The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
- The opportunity for professional development, for example developing knowledge of configuration architecture.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by January 16, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Juha Vuorinen, tel. +358 50 334 3243.