- Job type
Join ABB Power Grids Oy and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Project Engineer at ABB Power Grids Finland Oy, Grid Automation Systems. As you will be part of our service team, you will be responsible for providing engineering and expert services for our existing installations globally. This includes system upgrades and extensions, consulting services, remote diagnostics, corrective and preventive maintenance, site audits and various cyber security services. In this position you need to be customer oriented, have an inborn ability to solve complex problems, readiness to travel and the ability to adapt and learn quickly new things. Ideally, you are already familiar with ABB MicroSCADA Pro products, have experience in critical communication networks and understand the importance of cyber security for control systems.
- Working at the customer front end delivering engineering and expert services for ABB MicroSCADA Pro control systems and related equipment
- Participating in domestic and export projects of various sizes as a technical engineer
- Supporting our end-customers with your technical expertise, leading to better user experience, higher customer satisfaction and long-term collaboration
- Providing technical support for our sales teams in designing the scope to be offered
- Creating and maintaining customer work logs, inventory databases and documentations
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- B.Sc or M.Sc in information technology or electrical engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with SCADA/DMS systems
- Good job planning, prioritizing, time management and documentation skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Culturally sensitive communication skills with positive attitude and an open mind
- Ability to solve complex problems, learn quickly and innovate
- Readiness to travel ~60 days/year
- Fluent spoken and written Finnish and English skills
- Ideally you have work experience with ABB MicroSCADA Pro products
- A proven track record in designing critical communication networks and cyber security is seen as an advantage
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
We offer you a challenging position in an international working environment with advanced technology and innovation, as well as global career opportunities. A highly valued local and global support network.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 20, 2020.
If you have questions, contact Tony Sandelin, Service Manager, tel+ 358 50 3342 686.