- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
Are you ready to take a challenging role in a company where you have the opportunity to work in one of the most automated ABB manufacturing units in Finland? Here is an exciting opportunity to work on a global company where you can really make an impact. We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor at ABB Oy, Smart Power Business Line in Vaasa. You will be leading the dedicated Maintenance team in our unit, ensuring safety and resources. In this position, you will develop and guide the operations, develop the competencies of the team through training, and set targets.
- Leading the dedicated Maintenance team in our unit
- Developing, maintaining and executing the factory total preventive maintenance plan
- Responsibility of factory equipment calibrations
- Ensuring the safety level in dedicated teams and proactively seeking improvements to ensure the safety of the workers
- Ensuring that the resources and capability exist to fulfil the Maintenance requirements on time and within budget
- Developing and guiding operations in own responsibility area in a systematic and analytical way
- Developing the team through training and ensuring sufficient competence exists in the teams
- Encouraging the team to continuous improvement and supporting team building
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A B.Sc. engineering
- A few years’ relevant experience
- Understanding of automation and robotics
- Knowledge in total preventive maintenance
- Good communication skills
- Basic IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
- Ideally you have previous experience as a foreman and of leading projets
- Quality training qualifications are desired
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by January 19, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Jarno Salmi, Production Manager, tel. +358 50 334 7472.