Internal Control Manager Motion Finland, Baltics, Denmark
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Business Motion is looking for an Internal Control Manager for Finland, Baltics and Denmark, located in Helsinki or Vaasa, Finland. Your role will be to help the business write the future of an integrated process and internal control system that supports the Motion Business’ strategy and activities. You will guide and support the Motion organization and management but especially Country Finance Managers in Finland, Baltics and Denmark, Business Controllers, Business Process Owners, Control Owners and Control Performers to drive the process and control strategy, strengthen the overall control framework, improve and optimize process and control design and drive compliance with ABB’s internal control requirements. In this role you will directly report to the Business Internal Control Manager Motion.
- Supporting the respective Controllers and Country Finance Managers (CFMs) in reaching their targets regarding Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICoFR) including identification, review and follow ups on the status of ICoFR and remediations.
- Setting up action plans for improvements of the internal control framework in cooperation with the respective Controllers and CFMs, process and control owners, Global Business Service (GBS) organization, supporting and following up on implementation.
- Driving to enhance the transparency, knowledge and maturity level in the business regarding risk and control and the recognition of the benefits, process understanding and the interfaces to other risk management activities in order to maintain a robust control environment.
- Driving the adherence to and local implementation of all relevant aspects of the ABB Operating System (OS) Framework especially including Corporate and Business Regulations, Authorization Tables set by Corporate and Business as well as related instructions set by Business IC Manager Motion.
- Supporting and driving implementation of process and control design enhancements to standardize processes and controls (in coordination with Global Finance Process Owners) to simplify and rationalize the control environment.
- Supporting the CMFs of Finland, Baltics and Denmark in their ICoFR responsibilities including relevant fiduciary duties in close cooperation with the other ABB Businesses in these countries.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in finance, audit or internal control related areas.
- Good business knowledge and working experience in the area of process improvements.
- Solid understanding of internal controls methodology, practices and US GAAP.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Good project management and coordination skills.
- Professional qualification equivalent to CPA/CIA/CISA is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
- Collaborative skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Courage to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response.
- International business exposure is an advantage.
- Strong intercultural skills.
- Service-oriented mindset; solid commitment to quality and continuous improvement – can do attitude.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to independently draw conclusions.
- Fluent in English language (spoken and written); additional languages in the geographic area would be added advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
As a global company, we’re able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by January 16, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Gerald Boelk-Krosta, Internal Control Manager Motion, tel. +49 170 915 3538.