Senior Project Engineer/Project Engineer, Secondary
- Job type
Join ABB Power Grids and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are offering a position as a Senior Project Engineer / Project Engineer at ABB Power Grids Finland Oy, Grid Integration unit in Vaasa, Tampere or Helsinki.
The business unit designs and delivers complete substations for distribution and transmission grids. We are offering an interesting position in an international project environment and various development possibilities in the areas of design and engineering, research and development.
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for the secondary engineering. Since the work is conducted in projects, with every case being unique, your role will be very varying, such as responsibility for all activities related to system and secondary design, which includes everything from base design to final delivery. Examples of daily activities are developing design drawings, generating basic documents for construction and performing engineering calculations. At ABB Power Grids, you will have the opportunity to test your designer skills in various types of projects, both in Finland and abroad.
- Active participation in the development of project engineering.
- Prepare, update and support the project execution in system and secondary engineering activities.
- Collaborate with Lead Engineers, Primary Engineers and Project Managers in international project environment.
- Design, prepare and review or overview engineering aspects such as substation design basis, single line diagrams, protection, metering & interlocking diagrams, panel design, relay settings & configurations, LVAC & DC, cabling and testing & commissioning. Also ensure that system and secondary part is designed and executed according to the given specifications, considering local regulations and requirements.
- Work with internal team and sub-contractors to develop a complete substation secondary design packages.
- Participate in testing & commissioning.
- Participate in installation supervision at site or provide support to site team from office.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electrical or Automation engineering.
- Minimum over 5 years for Senior Project Engineer position.
- Minimum over 2 years for Project Engineer position.
- Knowledge of substation control & protection systems is considered as an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of applicable standards is required (IEC, SFS, Eurocode).
- Good verbal and written skills in Finnish and English. Other language skills (Swedish, Russian) are considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge in CAD and in particular Microstation or E3, is preferable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP is considered as an advantage.
- Ability to clearly communicate with ABB and Customer personnel in order to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project related activities and issues.
- Ability to make things happen
- Willing to enter into international projects
- Travel is required; up to 20% both domestic and international.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
We are interested in employing people who take pride in their craft, can work successfully in a team with different experience and skills, are interested in learning, and insist on high standards of professionalism and performance. We are seeking individual committed to delivering and improving quality. We offer you a challenging position in a global company.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 24, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Engineering Manager Seppo Pasto, tel. +358 50 33 42614 or Senior Project Lead Engineer (team leader), Hannu Hautala, tel. +358 50 33 42596 .