Senior Project Engineer/Project Engineer, Primary
- Job type
Join ABB Power Grids and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer / Project Engineer at ABB Power Grids Finland Oy, Grid Integration business line in Vaasa, Tampere or Helsinki.
The business line designs and delivers complete substations for distribution and transmission grids. We are offering an interesting position in an international project environment and various development possibilities in the areas of design and engineering, research and development.
As a Senior Project Engineer / Project Engineer you will be responsible for the primary engineering. Since the work is conducted in projects, with every case being unique, your role will be very varying, such as responsibility for all activities related to primary design, which includes everything from base design to final delivery. Examples of daily activities are developing design drawings, generating basic documents for construction and performing engineering calculations. At ABB Power Grids, you will have the opportunity to test your designer skills in various types of projects, both in Finland and abroad.
- Active participation in the development of project engineering.
- Preparing, updating and supporting the project execution in primary engineering activities
- Collaborating with Lead Engineers, Secondary Engineers and Project Managers in international project environment.
- Designing, preparing, and reviewing or overviewing engineering aspects such as substation layout and sections views, earthing grids, steel structures and installation drawings.
- Ensuring that the high-voltage systems are designed and executed according to the given specifications and taking local regulations and requirements into account.
- Working with the internal team and subcontractors to develop complete substation high-voltage design packages.
- Participate in installation supervision at site or provide support to site team from office.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or other suitable studies.
- Additional studies of civil engineering are considered as a plus.
- Basic knowledge of applicable standards is required (IEC, SFS, Eurocode).
- Good verbal and written skills in Finnish and English. Other language skills (Swedish, Russian) are considered as an advantage
- Knowledge in CAD and in particular Microstation or AutoCAD, is preferable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP is considered as an advantage.
- Ability to clearly communicate with ABB and Customer personnel in order to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project related activities and issues.
- Ability to make things happen
- Willingness to enter into international projects
- Travel is required; up to 20% both domestic and international.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 24, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Engineering Manager Seppo Pasto, tel. +358 50 33 42614 or Senior Project Lead Engineer (team leader), Juha-Matti Huhtanen, tel. +358 50 33 41145.