- Job type
Join ABB Power Grids and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Project Manager at ABB Power Grids Finland Oy, PGGI (Substations) in Vaasa, Tampere or Helsinki. In this position, you will lead complete substation projects both for the domestic market and export. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the financial performance of the project, the entire scope of supply and on-time delivery of all the main milestones of the project. Overall project ownership will be yours, as well as responsibility for the assigned matrix teams, including engineering, planning, controlling, sourcing, logistics, testing and commissioning. You will monitor the performance of several suppliers including ABB factories, as well as sub-contractors providing site services.
- Ownership of substation projects
- Customer satisfaction and achievement of overall project goals
- Financial results
- Leadership of project teams
- External / internal reporting
- HSE within your projects
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering
- A few years’ experience in project management
- Good planning and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A commercial mindset, goal orientation and customer-focus
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
- Familiarity with Primavera and the SAP Project System
- The ability to work in multinational teams
- Language skills in Swedish or Russian
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
We are interested in employing people who take pride in their craft, can work successfully in a team with different experience and skills, are interested in learning, and insist on high standards of professionalism and performance. We are seeking individual committed to delivering and improving quality. We offer you a challenging position in a global company.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 17, 2020.
If you have questions, contact Operations Manager Peter Alaviitala, tel. + 358 50 3342 624.