Global Certification Specialist
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Global Certification Specialist at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators business line in Vaasa. In this position, you will be involved in legislation, regulations, standards, authorities and certification bodies. It is important that you are able to work and communicate fluently with people from different cultures. You are good at networking, well organized, innovative, and have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Being responsible for overseeing and managing global MEPS (Minimum Efficiency Performance Standard), requirements (regulations, standards etc.), ensuring the access of IEC LV motors to global markets as well as maintaining approvals, certificates and registrations in cooperation with the team, product management and other stakeholders.
- Creating a roadmap for IEC LV Motors, registrations and approvals for IEC LV motors global product ranges.
- Ensuring that required actions for the new product development and/or actions will be initiated well in time when any changes in then regulations and standards may happen.
- Ensuring that required registrations for motors are valid and in place.
- Following national, international standards and regulations related to electric motors.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Few years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of international standards (e.g. IEC, ISO), schemes and regulations (e.g. ATEX, IECEx, LVD).
- Fluent written and spoken English and Finnish skills.
- A good command of production control systems, such as SAP, SharePoint and Microsoft Office are beneficial.
- Ideally, you have knowledge of electric motors, frequency converters, standards and basic understanding of the regulations like EU LVD, Ecodesign etc.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
• A challenging position in an international working environment.
• Introduction to the job based on your previous experience.
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training.
• The opportunity for professional development.
If you have questions, please contact Jukka Hannuksela, tel. +358 50 3348 543.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 26, 2020. Please note that applications are reviewed already during the application period and position will be filled when suitable candidate is found.