Finance Manager, GBS Front Office
- Job type
Join ABB Power Grids and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Finance Manager, GBS Front Office at ABB Power Grids Oy, Functions and Services business line in Vaasa or Helsinki.
- Defining operating guidelines and project tasks to ensure delivery of services to assigned business partners in accordance with service level agreements. Developing and implementing strategic plan for the GBS Finance front office and coordinating preparation and enforcing the GBS Finance front office budget.
- Overseeing the month end close process for the accounting center including account reconciliation, preparation of various journal entries, and preparation of monthly balance sheet. Booking monthly entries as necessary based on supporting documentation.
- Ensuring timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of reporting package and associated disclosures. Overseeing preparation of financial statements in the appropriate format for inclusion in timely filings with regulatory agencies.
- Ensuring transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Leading Internal Control over Financial Reporting compliance and reporting for the General Accounting team.
- Performing analysis of accounts and highlights discrepancies/anomalies for correction and serving as escalation point for complex accounting transactions.
- Developing and implementing processes and procedures, and continuously optimizing to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains. Driving harmonization and standardization locally in line with Group solutions and best practices and assisting in development of global solutions.
- Liaising with internal/external auditors on accounting and reporting issues in area of responsibility and ensuring audits are handled with high standards and the findings are resolved in a timely way.
- Supporting preparation of company tax return and related tax processes.
- Leading and supervising GBS Finance front office personnel. Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Being the local contact point for Groups Treasury, Internal Control and Customer Financing activities.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- We require a Master's degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, fixed assets, and/or reporting skills as well as good IT system knowledge.
- Data analyzing, salary reporting and project management skills are considered as a benefit.
- Preferably more than 5 years of experience in general accounting and reporting area.
- You are systematic, precise, flexible and initiative person and a team player who can drive changes. You are also committed to your work and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Finnish and English.
- Very good skills in SAP, MS Office (especially in Excel) and good skills in Outlook applications, other skills are seen as an advantage. Hyperion Financial Management skills are considered as a benefit.
- Preferably few years experience in managing a team of professionals.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
We are interested in employing people who take pride in their craft, can work successfully in a team with different experience and skills, are interested in learning, and insist on high standards of professionalism and performance. We are seeking individual committed to delivering and improving quality. We offer you a challenging position in a global company.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by January 28, 2020. The position will be filled as soon as we find the suitable candidate.
If you have questions, please contact Jukka Auranen +358 50 334 1253.