- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Project Manager at ABB Power Grids Finland Oy, Grid Automation business line in Helsinki. You will be working on domestic and global projects that typically consist of SCADA/DMS and RTU deliveries to end customers.
- Leading the project team with clear guidelines, tasks and milestones, while motivating and providing feedback.
- Managing all aspects of the project to agreed-upon customer requirements and ensuring all technical, safety, quality and financial targets are met.
- Overseeing the development of project plan documents in relation to scope, budget, schedule, and risk management.
- Monitoring each stage of project implementation to ensure best practices in cost control, resource efficiency, risk management and health, safety and the environment.
- Identifying, analyzing and addressing project risks, with the regular sharing of lessons learned.
- Coordinating contract negotiation and claims with customers, in collaboration with the Supply Chain and Legal functions.
- Achieving project deliverables and compliance with contract requirements. Building strong relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B. Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering
- Several years’ experience in project and contract management
- Project Management certification is considered as a benefit
- Basic technical skills and good communication skills in Finnish and in English.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
- The opportunity to develop your project management competence in various ways
- The possibility to work with both domestic and global customers in the areas of utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure
- The opportunity to further your career to a senior position, or in sales or general management
We are interested in employing people who take pride in their craft, can work successfully in a team with different experience and skills, are interested in learning, and insist on high standards of professionalism and performance. We are seeking individual committed to delivering and improving quality. We offer you a challenging position in a global company.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by January 30, 2020.
For more information please contact Local Operations Manager, Jussi Harju email@example.com or tel. +358 50 33 42289.