- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine & Cranes business line in Helsinki. Azipod is ABB's successful propulsion system that enables unrivalled maneuvering capabilities for ships. As an Azipod Lead Engineer you will be responsible for monitoring and leading the Azipod delivery projects in cooperation with the project manager and several stakeholders.
Please find more about ABB Marine & Ports: www.youtube.com/abbmarine
- Scheduling of project engineering according to agreed milestones
- Resource planning
- Following up (and reporting) on the engineering work
- Approving technical documentation and cooperating with the classification society
- Communicating with customers
- The work requires some traveling, in order to meet customers and suppliers
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- A track record of demanding mechanical or electrical engineering and at least two years of relevant work experience
- Basic knowledge of mechanical dimensioning and standards as well of Enterprise resource planning (ERP), such as SAP
- You are familiar with Standard Office applications
- You are able to see the big picture and coordinate tasks between different stakeholders
- You are organized, and willing to take responsibility
- You have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Communication skills and independent initiative are essential
- Successful execution of the job requires good written and spoken English skills, fluent in Finnish is considered as a benefit
- Work related experience with classification societies, electric power transmission and automation as well the experience with marine industry and Teamcenter are seen as advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer the opportunity to develop your professional skills and become an expert in your field.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 23, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Kalle Potila, Lead Engineering Manager, tel +358 50 3326095.