- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Project Manager at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports business line in Vuosaari, Helsinki. You will be in charge of ABB Marine's new building automation and control delivery projects. In this position, you will provide project leadership by working with ABB project teams. You will be working mainly with shipyards and ship owners to ensure customer satisfaction and ABB’s delivery promise to its Customers.
- Project leadership by leading and motivating the project team.
- Planning and scheduling of the project with clear project plan and schedule for scope & deliverables, finances and risk & opportunities management.
- Project execution and control regarding the finances, progress and efficiency and contractual obligations using the best practices and lessons learned. You are the driver of the project!
- Contract, claims and procurement management in accordance to ABB policies and contracts.
- Stakeholder relations by acting as a key contact for internal and external Customers; and actively communicating internally and externally on the project status and planned actions.
- Responsibility on HSE items ensuring that project complies with ABB’s values and policies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- We require an M.Sc. in Engineering, Economics or similar field of study and a proven track record of 3+ years in project management.
- Project management, planning and control skills and framework competence. Project management certification is considered as an advantage.
- You have experience of being fully accountable for a complete project scope including the financials.
- As a person, you are target-driven and organized, and you have a sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks. You have proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage people. You are proactive communicator with stakeholders.
- You have experience from direct customer interface, and you have fluent communication skills in English. Finnish is considered as an advantage.
- Experience from marine industry is considered as a major advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 9th, 2020. Please note that position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions, contact Sami Laine, Manager, Project Management, Automation and Control, tel. +358 50 332 1172 during January 29th or 30th.