- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Project Engineer at ABB Oy, IAPI Hybrid Automation unit in Kokkola to take on a challenging and interesting position in our growing automation business. You will be involved in automation system development and maintenance in the process industries. You will also perform testing and verification of automation control systems.
- Developing automation engineering solutions of varying complexity in line with specifications, quality standards and safety requirements
- Completing maintenance and repair of automation control systems and ensuring that the systems work safely
- Developing operator interfaces for plant process overviews and P&I diagrams
- Performing verification of automation control systems in our test area as well as on site.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- B.Sc. in automation of control system engineering
- A few years’ experience in industrial automation
- Experience of ABB’s 800xA and other industrial control systems
- Knowledge of DCS design and engineering of automation systems for process industries such as the chemicals industry or metals and mining
- The ability to work well independently and in a team
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Fluent communication skills in Finnish
- Ideally, you have good spoken and written communication skills in English
- Advantages would be experience with MS Office and most importantly, the ability to learn to use new IT tools.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
• A challenging position in the growing automation business
• The opportunity for personal development in a team of experts
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by March 11, 2020.