- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Plant Manager at ABB Oy, Motors & Generators business line in Helsinki. In this position you will be part of our Induction Machines Profit Centre and its management team. As Plant Manager you will be accountable for all aspects of the manufacturing plant performance including HSE, Quality, Planning & Fulfillment, Production, Continuous Improvement and AME.
- Leading execution on the plant with leadership team from daily management to strategic operations development towards world class operations
- Ensuring the safety and integrity of plant operations
- Ensuring right quality and timely delivery performance
- Taking an active role in our plant manager community and openly sharing as well as recognizing and implementing best practices
- Ensuring plant capacity balance with demand and developing means for capacity resilience
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement to reduce costs and working capital while improving performance
- Driving lean by ensuring flow, visualization and resilience
- Developing an honest, disciplined and fact-based culture
- Representing the plant to outside organizations
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Engineering (for example Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or other relevant educational background
- At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of successfully leading in a complex production/manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of and experience utilizing Lean / L6S
- Excellent Finnish and English language skills
- The ability to achieve results in cooperation with multiple different stakeholders
- A systematic and analytical method of working
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 16, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Profit Center Manager Kristian Holmberg , tel. +358 50 332 3499.