Embedded Software Developer / Senior Embedded Software Developer
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Developer or Senior Embedded Software Developer at ABB Oy, System Drives division in Helsinki. In this role, you will develop embedded software for ABB variable frequency drives, grid converters and DC/DC converters. Your exact role and detailed responsibilities will be adjusted based on your knowledge, skills, experience, personal goals and business needs.
We offer a working environment with good team spirit as well as challenging and varying work assignments in a global environment. You will have learning opportunities from a wide variety of applications e.g. marine, metals industry, pulp and paper, power generation, hybrid and electric working machines as well as access to modern agile software development practices and tools. You will have possibilities for career development for example as a Software Architect, Scrum Master, Product Owner or Project Manager.
- Being member of a Scrum team that develops software from hardware to application layer.
- Participating in common control platform development which supports different CPU architectures and control units.
- New SW feature development for existing and new products together with other SW and HW teams.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- M.Sc. in software, automation or electrical engineering.
- Experience in embedded software development, C++ language preferred.
- Knowledge of modern software development practices and tools.
- The willingness to understand customer needs and applications where end-product is used.
- Good written and spoken English language skills, Finnish skills are an advantage.
- Ideally, you have experience in GIT, Visual Studio, Jenkins and Microsoft TFS.
- Knowledge in Python is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of agile software development ways of working as well as knowledge of embedded hardware are beneficial.
- Understanding of power electronics, control theory or drive technology is seen as an advantage.
- Experience in continuous integration tools or test automation is beneficial.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by August 23, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Design Manager Mika Hiltunen, tel. +358 50 332 8949, available after August 16th or Design Manager Ilkka Pekkarinen tel. +358 50 332 2834, available after August 9th.