- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Business Controller for PG Electric Solutions, Marine and Ports Business Line in Helsinki, Vuosaari. In this position, you will contribute to financial management and reporting for the local product group. You will have high operative focus, for example conducting project control for customer projects and participate to risk and opportunity management from sales to order execution. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders from the unit’s business functions, provide proactive support in a broad portfolio of financial matters, and drive business performance.
We offer a challenging position in an international and dynamic working environment with the opportunity of gaining insight and developing into a financial management specialist in marine project business. Interesting duties cover multiple dimensions of financial management and the opportunity to work with mature platform of processes in a customer focused environment.
- Contributing to financial management and reporting including monthly closing, estimation and budgeting
- Responsibility of project controlling in the unit including supporting project managers in financial matters
- Preparing estimates including local product group, project and cost center level estimates and analysis
- Support in ensuring that a company governance model and internal controls are in place and implemented in the unit
- Proactively collaborating with local business counterparts and taking on the role of a sparring partner in financial matters
- Member of local product group management team
- Acting as a supervisor for a small team of financial experts
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Several years’ experience of financial management in a global business environment preferably in industrial project or manufacturing business
- Strong SAP knowledge considered as an advantage
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders from many layers of organization and under time pressure
- Result oriented working style
- Good and proactive communication skills
- Good skills with Microsoft Office Excel
- Written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by August 9, 2020.
If you have questions, contact the recruiting manager Saara Kuusisto, tel. +358 50 332 9246.