- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our domestic front-end sales team at ABB Oy, Motion Service Division in Turku. This role reports to the Division’s Sales Manager. We aim to be the customers first choice and therefore Motion Service includes the entire ABB motors, generators and drives products and service portfolio, ranging from spare parts to cloud-based condition monitoring. We serve our customers in all industries and in all applications helping them to maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing impact on the environment.
In this position, your task is to increase existing business and find new sales opportunities for ABB Motion Service, mainly in Western Finland. You will be the main contact point in this area, helping customers through their lifecycle. Our traditional business model has been to serve end customers directly but in this role you may also need to organize your sales efforts together with a dedicated external channel partner. This position requires constant travelling, approximately 80 -120 days per year, and a full car benefit will be included in the compensation package.
- Reaching your annual sales budget within the allocated accounts.
- Visiting customers and being in active contact with them to increase sales and leads, both among new and existing customers.
- Setting the annual budget, with freedom to build your own sales plan.
- Working together with our back-end sales team who will support you in both technical and commercial offer related issues.
- Co-operating closely with the Motion Service sales team.
- Visualizing your sales activities in the Salesforce tool.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a suitable field of studies (e.g. business, industrial engineering etc.).
- Ideally, you already have a few years’ experience in sales. Technical sales experience is an advantage.
- You feel at home in front of customers and get energized by challenges.
- You like to be the one to take the initiative, understand the importance of networking and you are driven by results.
- You have the skill to sense business opportunities, and you are able to utilize the organization’s support function to reach your goals.
- Excellent skills in Finnish and English, Swedish is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools and the ability to quickly learn new applications (e.g. sales tools).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer an opportunity for personal and professional development with the support of our experienced Motion Service team and a strong back office function. We also offer a chance to work with a wide base of interesting customers ranging from shopping malls to steel mills. Modern sales tools support your day-to-day work.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position as soon as possible, latest by October 20, 2020. We will review applications during the application period and fill the position as soon as the right candidate is found.
If you have questions, please contact Sales Manager Tomi Juutilainen, tel. +358 50 332 2482 available Oct 9 between 12-14, Oct 14 between 11-13 or Oct 19 between 13-15.