Software Project Interface Engineer
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a sustainable future and shaping Industry 4.0. with innovative digital technologies.
Would you like to be in the front of delivering Digital Solutions to our Industrial Customers? We are looking for a self-driven Software Project Interface Engineer at ABB Oy, Process Industries Division in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki. In this role, you will be working in Digital Solutions projects and after sales activities worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of several interesting projects and after sales tasks and activities in our business. We can offer you a challenging position in an international working environment where you have the opportunity for personal development.
We are developing and delivering globally Industrial Digital Solutions projects and after sales tasks for Customers as e.g. pulp and paper, steel, mining and chemical. In these projects we collect data from the automation level into our time series data bases and then implement solutions that are based on that data. In order to make this possible we need to implement several interfaces to automation and other external systems. As our Interface Engineer, you will be focusing mainly in the following areas and activities:
- Working in projects and after sales activities focusing on interfaces between our ABB Ability History systems (SQL real time database) and external systems (distributed control systems DCS, programmable logic controllers PLC, ERP systems as well as other systems and devices)
- Interfaces specification and design in co-operation with the Customer
- Interfaces software implementation and configuration
- Interface testing, commissioning and troubleshooting at Customer sites
- Training and documentation
- Continuous Customer support after the project implementation
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in IT, process automation or equal level knowledge
- SQL databases installation and interface implementation in Windows and Linux environments
- TCP/IP, OPC UA, DA and other industrial interface and communication standards
- C, C++, C#, JSON, XML and http REST
- You are customer oriented with good communication skills, open minded team player
- Interested in Industrial Digitalisation and ability to quickly learn new working environments
- Good spoken and written skills in English and Finnish
- Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent writing and spoken communication skills and ability to write clear documentation
- Readiness to travel (mainly in Finland, 20-30 traveling days/year)
- 3 - 5 years’ work experience in similar tasks would be considered as advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining our team in this role? Please apply at your earliest convenience and no later than September 22, 2020.
For more information about this role, please contact Seppo Lahtinen, Competence Centre Manager, tel. +358 50 3325258.