Design Engineer / Senior Design Engineer
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Design Engineer / Senior Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions Division in Vaasa or Tampere. You will utilize your knowledge and skills in technology and/or product development to identify and implement innovative solutions.
- Research and development of protection, control and measurement algorithms for medium voltage protection relays
- Performing new development as well as maintenance activities with other designers / team members
- Globally co-operating with other functions starting from specification to final product testing
- Living ABB’s core values of courage, care, curiosity and collaboration which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field
- Knowledge of measurement technologies, digital signal processing and algorithms
- Knowledge of embedded systems development
- Experience of power system simulation environments
- Fluent communication skills in English and Finnish
- Problem solving and team working skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by November 30, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact R&D Manager Timo Ahola, tel. +358 50 3344 142.