Lead UX Designer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating world-class Design system to make an impact to ABB’s digital solutions that allow our clients access to cleaner energy.
Is this your next place to make an impact? A great opportunity for an experienced and skilled UX Designer to join ABB central UX design team. Our team provides design vision and guidance for user interfaces and software solutions at ABB through unique, corporate level Design system. Our team collaborates closely with ABB businesses worldwide, and we promote human-centered design and drive for transformation enabling our organization to become more customer and user focused.
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer in Helsinki, Finland. You will join the creation of a world-class Design system focusing especially on the quality of the interaction and usability and supporting our businesses to adopt the system. In this position, you will be collaborating with UX/UI Designers and Frontend Developers in several business units globally. Join us in taking ABB to the next level with your expertise in design.
- Creating the large-scale Design system together with the team, especially focusing on the quality of the UX design elements in our Design system
- Promoting human-centered design (HCD) methods and mindset enabling the organization to become more customer and user focused
- Collaborating and supporting our business units when they implement and execute their digital products
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- BA, MA or M.Sc. in design, human-computer interaction, or related discipline
- Several years’ experience of user interface design practices with portfolio of excellent UX design, work within industrial applications and B2B environment are considered an advantage
- Strong background in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Being in touch with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience in working within an Agile/Scrum development process and human-centered design methods
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Enthusiasm to build things in an evolving environment and to be a member of a team working to reach a common goal, while taking responsibility on an individual level
- Excellent communication skills in English; other languages are considered an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer a leading position in design with a unique vantage point on the ongoing digital transformation in a large B2B tech-organization. An opportunity to combine fantastic UI design with hardware to create great, holistic customer and user experiences.
If you have any questions, we’d be happy to answer. Please contact Principal UX Designer Christian Aminoff, tel. +358 50 3358 283.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by September 24, 2020. We will be hiring as soon as we find the right person for the job.