- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer/Manager to join our sales team at ABB Oy, Energy Industries business line in Vaasa or Tampere. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the Sales organization and customers throughout the sales process in Finland and Nordic Countries. Your task is to increase new and existing business by supporting the Sales organization to have relevant knowledge of products and markets. Role includes travel 50-100 days annually.
- Participating in sales strategy process.
- Analyzing customer needs and markets.
- Ensuring efficient sales and marketing actions together with sales team and communicating the value proposition of the products, systems, service and packages.
- Supporting the local Sales team and customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions and in the preparation of demanding offers. Driving digitalization agenda with our customers.
- Taking ownership of specific customer cases to ensure efficient customer issue resolution.
- Taking ownership of assigned initiatives across Nordic countries
- Performing regular status reviews, proposes recovery plan(s) and forecasts.
- Managing productive customer relationships and presenting value propositions.
- Managing tendering process activities.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree preferably from engineering. Also, other educational background is suitable depending on your work experience.
- Work experience in project sales and projects execution from Power Generation, Hydro and/or Industrial turnkey projects.
- Good market knowledge, willingness to learn and seek information.
- You are a strategic thinker, capable of analyzing customer needs and you work well in a team.
- You have active way of working and networking is part of your work identity.
- You can operate fluently in Finnish and English. Swedish and other Nordic languages are an advantage.
- Ideally, you have customer and ABB knowledge.
- Experience of digital solutions is beneficial.
- Experience of Sales management tools and processes are an asset.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer a challenging position at one of ABB’s dynamic project sales organizations You’ll have the opportunity to work in conventional and renewable sector energy projects in Northern Europe. We support your professional growth and development through experience and possibilities offered by wide technology environment. This is a role where you can shape the future of Energy Industries sector in Finland and Nordic Countries.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by October 20, 2020.
If you have questions, contact Head of S&M Energy Industries, Markku Pelli, tel. +358 50 332 3474, available on working days at 12.00 to 15.00 pm Finnish local time.