- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a sustainable future and shaping Industry 4.0. with innovative digital technologies.
Would you like to be in the front of delivering Digital Solutions to our Industrial Customers? We are looking for an experienced Project Manager at ABB Oy, Process Industries Division in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of several interesting projects worldwide and other activities in our business. We can offer you a challenging position in an international working environment where you have the opportunity for personal development.
We are developing and delivering globally Industrial Digital Solutions projects and after sales tasks for Customers as e.g. pulp and paper, steel, mining and chemical. In these projects we collect data from the automation level into our time series data bases and then implement solutions that are based on that data. As our Project Manager, you will be focusing mainly in the following areas and activities:
- Managing customer delivery projects through the entire project lifecycle in respect of budget, time schedule and technical solution.
- Defining and following up agreed action plan to achieve project goals and to meet customer's business requirements.
- Providing regular visibility on project progress, finance, risks and issues.
- Coordinating and leading project teams.
- Continuously collaborating with the sales team to provide technical sales support and to cover customer needs.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- M.Sc. (IT or Engineering) or broad knowledge from similar role / related technical field and at least 5 years’ project management experience with large industrial software solution or digitalisation projects.
- Familiarity with industrial business environment and enterprise level applications (for example ERP, MES, BI, Process Data Management, automation systems)
- Deep knowledge and willingness to work with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Strong communication skills with all stakeholders (internal, customer, steering group).
- Excellent team leading skills to manage geographically dispersed international team(s).
- Customer mindset - capability to understand customers’ business requirements, business and earning models and to translate those into system specifications.
- Proficiency in English and Finnish. Swedish or German skills are considered as advantages.
- Industrial IT 4.0, digitalization and/or cloud knowledge would be appreciated.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining our team in this exciting role? Please apply at your earliest convenience and no later than Sept 20, 2020.
For more information about this role, please contact Anne Niemenmaa, Operations Manager, at +358 50 3321 275.