Trade and Logistics Specialist
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Trade and Logistics Specialist to join ABB Transport & Logistics Center of Expertise (CoE-L) in Vaasa. You will coordinate the utilization of equipment and ensure a high level of service and cost-effective movement of goods. You will also be responsible for validating carrier invoices and ensuring that transport costs are charged according to agreed contract and purchasing guidelines.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing demands and will need to pay attention to customer requirements while balancing transport requests with available transport options and communicating about service issues with shippers and receivers.
- Communicating with transport service providers to place transport orders, receive confirmations, provide custom instructions and monitor important milestones
- Ensuring that carriers are monitored, and that customer service is provided to meet the needs of all dedicated businesses and any specific local delivery needs
- Calculating total transportation lead times and transport costs
- Understanding different planning techniques, including the functionality of transport management systems and load planning tools
- Collecting local transport market knowledge on equipment and port and airport operations, as well as on relevant restrictions and regulations
- Justifying cost overruns when they occur
- Supporting Accounts Payable for freight payment reconciliation
- Checking and auditing carrier billing, auditing freight invoices
- Generating and providing cost and performance-related reports
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- B.Sc. degree with engineering or commercial background, or a related field
- Experience in transport management or freight forwarding
- Knowledge of transportation rules and regulations and experience in working with advanced TMS platforms
- Capability to manage and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment
- Good planning, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and in Finnish
- Advanced desktop computer skills including MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBi etc.)
- Good team working skills and customer-oriented approach to work
- Flexibility to work in different shifts according to business needs
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer you a challenging position in an international working environment. You will have induction to the job based on your previous experience and the opportunity for personal development in the form of training. We also offer you the opportunity for professional development.
If you have questions, please contact CoE-L Manager Nordics Niina Haapalainen, tel. +358 50 334 7410.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by January 31, 2021.