Project Engineer, Digital Systems
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Project Engineer, Digital Systems at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions in Vaasa. Your role will be the execution of one or more Digital Systems projects to meet project targets. We offer you a challenging position in a regional project team working in the front line of distribution automation products and the opportunity for personal and professional development in the form of training. You will have pioneer view of Distribution network control and protection evolution.
- Executing one or more Digital Systems projects to meet project targets.
- Participating in the project business of automation, protection and communication products for medium voltage and low voltage distribution networks.
- Taking care of project execution, scheduling and planning.
- Project execution and control, project building and testing, collaboration and networking.
- This role includes travel approx. 30-80 days annually.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree from a relevant field.
- Several years’ experience of project business.
- Experience of SCADA systems and protection relays.
- Experience of network communications systems.
- Ability to facilitate and interact in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proactive and systematic way of working.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in Finnish or Swedish, and in English.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ideally, you also have experience of project execution in medium-voltage substation projects.
- Knowledge of MS Office and SAP is beneficial.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by January 18, 2021.
For more information, please contact Digital Solution Center Manager Mika Kukkola, tel.+358 50 3341033.