- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Buyer for a temporary parental leave replacement at ABB Oy, Domestic Sales division in Vaasa. In this role, you will be responsible for operative purchasing work. Your task will include completing system-controlled stock purchases and customer order-based purchases. You will be responsible for daily order-delivery control and developing operative matters alongside our suppliers and our own organization. Managing possible complaints/claims is also part of the job. We value a quick learner who is cooperative and diligent. We offer you a challenging role within the procurement and logistics team. This role reports to SCM Manager.
- Purchasing materials according to required technical specifications, price, delivery schedule and terms
- Initiating purchase orders according to the purchase requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures
- Overseeing supplier performance (on-time delivery, quality, lead time) and resolving performance issues
- Organizing transportation and customs operations are also part of your responsibilities
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree preferably from commercial field
- A few years’ work experience in operative purchasing
- Good knowledge of SAP Material Management / Sales Distribution / Global Trade Services modules
- Experience in SAP HR and master data is beneficial
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
If you have questions, please contact SCM Manager Minna Rinne, tel. +358 50 334 1135.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by May 15, 2021, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application (preferably in English). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.