Senior R&D Engineer
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Senior R&D Engineer at ABB Oy, IEC LV Motors Division in Vaasa. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing international certificates (Marine, UL, CSA etc.) ensuring the access of IEC LV Motors to global markets as well as maintaining approvals, certificates and registrations in cooperation with the team, product management and other stakeholders. Your task is to monitor changes in international or regional standards, directives and regulations relevant to electric motors as well as follow new initiatives in them. We offer you challenging role in global environment. This role reports to the Head of Global Standards and Compliance, IEC LV Motors Division.
- Working as a member of the Global team.
- Following standards, directives and regulations related to electric motors, supporting registrations and approvals for IEC LV motors.
- Participating in different kind of testing and test arrangement (IP, IK etc.).
- Contributing your knowledge and expertise in new product development projects and maintenance and that needed actions will be initiated in time. Such changes in those areas affecting to the business proactively communicated.
- Creating global and local networks enabling successful performance.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree preferably from electrical or mechanical engineering or relevant field.
- A few years’ work experience in global environment.
- Good knowledge of international standards (e.g. IEC, EN, UL, CSA), certification schemes, directives, regulations (e.g. ATEX, IECEx, LVD).
- Experience of standardization work and certification as well as knowledge of electric motors and converters is beneficial.
- Hands-on experience in testing of electrical products is beneficial.
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
More about us
The IEC LV Motors Division is a global market leader focused on helping industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation increase energy efficiency. The division offers a full range of energy efficient low voltage motors, including SynRM (synchronous reluctance) motors to help customers reduce power bills and cut emissions. With rugged designs, a global footprint and application expertise, IEC LV motor solutions have a well-earned reputation of improving reliability and productivity in the most demanding applications
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
For more information contact Head of Global Standards and Compliance, Jukka Hannuksela, tel. +358 50 334 8543.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by April 12, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.