Embedded Software Developer
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Developer at ABB Oy, System Drives division in Helsinki. This role reports to Design Manager.
We offer you team spirited working environment, challenging and varying work assignments in a global environment as well as modern agile software development practices and tools. You will have possibilities for career development, for example as a Software Architect, Scrum Master, Product Owner or Project Manager. You will have learning opportunities from a wide variety of applications e.g. marine, metals industry, pulp and paper, power generation, hybrid and electric working machines.
- Embedded software development for ABB variable frequency drives, grid converters and DC/DC converters
- Being member of Scrum team that develops software from hardware up to application layer
- Participating into real-time operating system based common control platform development which support different CPU architectures and control units
- Based on your prior competence and your interests, you have an opportunity to work with modern ARM processor based platform e.g. in connectivity, cyber security or analytics framework development
- M.Sc. in software, automation or electrical engineering
- Experience in embedded software development, C++ language preferred
- Knowledge of modern software development practices and tools
- The willingness to understand customer needs and applications where end product is used
- Good written and spoken English skills, Finnish is an advantage
- Ideally you have experience in GIT, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS and Python
- Knowledge and experience of agile software development ways of working is beneficial
- Experience in continuous integration tools or test automation and knowledge of embedded hardware are a bonus
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
For more information contact Mika Hiltunen, tel. +358 50 3328 949 or Ilkka Pekkarinen, tel. +358 50 3322 834.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by April 9, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.