- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Sourcing Manager at ABB Oy, Marine & Ports division in Vuosaari, Helsinki.
You will be responsible for sourcing within assigned category responsibilities. You will work in close co-operation with suppliers, SCM colleagues and other internal stakeholders such as R&D and operations. As Sourcing Manager, you will lead category strategy development and accordingly select, evaluate, develop and de-source suppliers. You are commercially responsible for supplier contracts and manage supplier co-operation in long-term and short term. The key target is to ensure high supplier performance in terms of cost competitiveness, availability, and quality. This role reports to SCM Manager.
- Long- and short-term development of supply network of your assigned categories.
- Close interaction with the suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Negotiations and agreeing on supply contracts.
- Managing supplier performance.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Proven experience in sourcing, you have been responsible for assigned categories and you have solid background working with suppliers, SCM colleagues and other internal stakeholders such as R&D and operations.
- You have strong experience of leading category strategy development – you are able to independently and pro-actively evaluate, develop and de-source suppliers.
- You have proven experience of the full scope of commercial responsibilities e.g. negotiations and analysing the supplier contracts. You have experience in managing supplier co-operation in long-term and short term.
- You have proven track record of delivering key targets to ensure high supplier performance in terms of cost competitiveness, availability, and quality.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the field of supply chain management.
- Ability to travel around 60 days per year.
- Ability to influence people and create connections.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks simultaneously in the agreed timeline.
- Excellent English and Finnish language skills.
- SAP experience is seen as a benefit.
- You are a self-driven professional with the ability to operate in stressful situations. You are motivated to take ownership of your own area and you can manage yourself to fulfil the targets.
More about us
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees. www.abb.com/marine
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
• A challenging position in a valued company
• Support of talented colleagues with good and dynamic working culture
• Great possibility to develop yourself in this diverse and independent position
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
If you have questions, please contact Jouni Tervaskanto, SCM Manager, tel +358 50 332 3686.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by April 20th, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.