- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This position involves heading a team in the System Drives Division in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki, ensuring continuous and efficient frequency converter production operations in line with plans, procedures, and quality and safety standards and policies.
Reporting to the Production Line Manager, you will aid in the transformation of parts and raw materials into ABB products in a timely and cost-effective manner, managing resources to meet production targets.
- Being responsible for supervising production and continuous improvement of frequency converters’ production processes
- Supervising production line's final testing team
- Securing safe work conditions in testing area
- Ensuring timely delivery of quality products by efficient resource management and elimination of process disturbances
- Leading the daily work of highly skilled testing personnel and following up production KPI´s (OTD, quality, safety, productivity)
- Making sure that we reach set development targets with a positive attitude
- A B.Sc. in engineering, electrical engineering preferred
- A few years of working experience. Previous supervisor experience is considered an advantage
- Good skills and understanding of production and logistics processes
- Good organizing and communication skills
- The ability to motivate your team through a positive attitude
- Fluent communication skills in Finnish and English, both written and spoken
- A development-oriented mindset and a hands-on working attitude
- IT skills (SAP, MS Office tools; Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Electrical qualification is a benefit
- Ideally, you have an understanding of Lean principles and basic quality management methods
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
If you have questions, please Production Line Manager, Mikko Hyden, +358 50 332 8990.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by April 12, 2021. We reserve the right to make a selection before the stated date, please apply as soon as possible. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.