Country Trade Compliance Officer
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting management and operations in oversight of customs and trade compliance for ABB Oy being based either in Vaasa or Helsinki, ensuring that all Local Businesses conduct their activities in line with ABB Trade policies and guidelines.
Reporting to the Regional Logistics Manager Europe, you will work closely with all businesses in ABB Oy and ABB’s global trade compliance community.
- Establishing the creation, development and maintenance of written trade compliance standards, procedures and framework addressing applicable customs requirements, export control and sanctions.
- Ensuring transaction-based compliance with regulatory customs requirements and export control.
- Developing and implementing a strategy to monitor, manage and mitigate trade compliance related risks and opportunities.
- Functioning as single point of national authority contact, overseeing trade facilitation programs, managing, and administrating authorizations and permits.
- Supporting with internal and external audits, conducting local trade reviews and supervising follow-up actions.
- Increasing general trade awareness in businesses by implementing a communication framework, including regular trade compliance guidance calls, written communication, and trainings.
- Oversight of effective use of ABB`s customs and trade compliance management systems (i.e. SAP’s GTS and Document Management System).
- Providing local business hands-on support in case of trade related issues, guidance in compliance improvement initiatives and the pursuit of strategic trade objectives.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree including logistics in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent.
- Several years of experience in business processes with a good understanding of working with end-to-end supply chain process, risk management and logistics.
- Sound knowledge of customs rules, regulations, and export control.
- Capable of training and advising local business trade compliance officers and management on trade compliance.
- Sufficient seniority to effectively communicate across all levels of the local business.
- A team player with business mind-set taking ownership, being self-driven, responsive, and curious to explore and learn.
- Good communication skills in Finnish and English, both verbally and in writing.
More about us
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
If you have questions, contact Janne Pylkkönen, tel. +358 50 334 4608.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by April 19, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.