- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine & Ports division in Helsinki, Vuosaari. In this position, you will be in technical charge of the engineering and coordination of customer projects. We offer you a challenging engineering position in the inspiring field of marine electrical systems. You will have various opportunities to advance your career in the global marine business. This role reports to Engineering Manager.
- Technical responsibility of the engineering and coordination of customer projects.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing including collaboration and networking with engineering colleagues within ABB and externally
- Coordinating project engineers to deal with interface to packages/scope outside ABB, comments from shipyard, class, owner.
- Supporting continuous improvement of project/process/product/system design
- M.Sc. in electrical engineering.
- Strong experience in working with projects related to industrial electrical systems such as generators, motors, drives, and switchboards.
- You enjoy working as part of a team, yet you are able to make decisions independently.
- The ability for a systematic way of thinking and prioritization of tasks.
- Readiness to travel and a good command of English are a must for this position.
More about us
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees. www.abb.com/marine
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
If you have questions, please contact Atte Piiroinen, Engineering Manager, tel. +358 50 3324 143.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by May 9, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.