- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The role of the Test Engineer is an important one in ABB’s testing facilities. You will lead the technical testing scope for integrated systems in Marine & Ports division.
Reporting to the Head of Project Management, you will organize and execute testing and testing readiness related activities across several customer delivery projects.
- Executing and following the assigned work according to specified workflows and in accordance with processes and safety guidelines
- Technical supporting of the test laboratory, developing test laboratory and test setup
- Creating project specific installation diagrams, hardware installation and testing
- Conducting operations in compliance with health and safety guidelines, and reporting any non-compliance
- Guiding and supervising the making of electrical connections with a voltage level above 50 VAC / 120 VDC in the test laboratory
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical or industrial automation engineering
- A comprehensive understanding of power plant automation hardware design
- Ability to interpret and create electrical diagrams
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of several parallel project teams
- Working permit in Finland
- Following experience is considered as beneficial; Electric installations or commissioning, basic automation software skills and electrical safety certification level 2 or above
More about us
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees. www.abb.com/marine. Would you like to be part of this excellent crew?
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
If you have questions, please contact Mika Paukkeri, Test Manager, tel. +358 50 550 7658.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by May 17, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application (preferably in English). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.