- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Service Engineer, you will execute service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. You will be in close cooperation with customers and other ABB teams, acting as the technical point while delivering quality and satisfying customer service.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for providing maintenance, commissioning and on-site or remote technical support. The position involves approximately 200 of days of domestic travel within Finland, as you will be providing hands-on assistance at customer sites.
- Performing service tasks like installation and commissioning of equipment, identifying technical problems, making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements etc.).
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, appreciating their needs and providing specialist assistance and solutions.
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews.
- Troubleshooting simple equipment failure and making recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Identifying opportunities to develop new service applications, equipment and methods.
- A degree in electrical engineering, automation or equivalent.
- Few years of experience in projects servicing drives and motors.
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing of drives. Experience in motors is an advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Office and SAP.
- Ability to travel to customer locations in Finland.
- Proven project management skills, with a collaborative, customer and solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Fluent Finnish and English.
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solution.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
For more information, please contact Kalle Rantala, tel. +358 50335 7581, available on April 30 12-13 and May 7 12-13.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by May 10, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.