R&D Engineer, Mechanical Design
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a R&D Engineer at ABB Oy, IEC LV Motors in Vaasa. In this role, you will be responsible for executing mechanical design activities for Low Voltage Electrical Motors. Your task is to work in global product development projects from the concept stage through to finished products. We offer you challenging role in international working environment and opportunity for personal development. In this role you will report to R&D Manager.
- Working in global product development projects as a mechanical engineer, from the concept stage through to finished products.
- Technical documentation, design and testing according to project requirements.
- Ensuring cost effective design in accordance to project specification, related standards and safety regulations.
- Actively collaborate with project managers, project team members, global R&D team, other functions and stakeholders in the organization.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree preferably from Mechanical Engineering.
- A few years’ work experience in mechanical engineering and product development projects is beneficial.
- Experience in mechanical design tools.
- You are self-driven, and you have good communication, teamworking and co-operation skills.
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
- Good knowledge and experience in mechanical design for Low Voltage -motors is beneficial.
- The know-how of mechanical FE analysis & simulation tools is highly appreciated.
More about us
The IEC LV Motors Division is a global market leader focused on helping industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation increase energy efficiency. The division offers a full range of energy efficient low voltage motors, including SynRM (synchronous reluctance) motors to help customers reduce power bills and cut emissions. With rugged designs, a global footprint and application expertise, IEC LV motor solutions have a well-earned reputation of improving reliability and productivity in the most demanding applications
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
For more information contact R&D Manager, Pasi Viitanen +358 50 334 3940.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by May 10, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.