R&D Team Leader, Electrical and Thermal Performance
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for an R&D Team Leader at ABB Oy, Large Motors and Generators division in Helsinki. You will be leading a team of R&D engineers working on electrical and thermal dimensioning of a wide range of electrical motors and generators. In this position, you will be responsible of our products electrical and thermal performance. We offer you a challenging position in an international working environment. You will have the opportunity for personal development, both in the field of team leadership and technology and great opportunity to further your career in a global company with broad range of opportunities. In this role you will report to R&D Manager.
- Leading a team of R&D engineers working on electrical and thermal dimensioning of a wide range of electrical motors and generators
- Leading and coaching your team members for high-level performance
- Developing the competences of your team members to enable successful execution of future projects
- Team resource allocation planning and follow-up
- Ownership of dedicated products’ electrical and thermal performance
- M.Sc. or higher in field of rotating electrical machines
- A few years’ experience in a relevant position
- Good leadership and collaboration skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- A proactive and systematic way of working
- Ability to support and motivate your team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, Finnish is an advantage
- Work experience in product development is an advantage
- Work experience and/or education in electrical or thermal dimensioning of electrical motors and generators as well as from electrical drives and systems is beneficial.
- Experience in Lean and Agile methodology and know-how of Lean Six Sigma are appreciated
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
For more information contact R&D Manager Juha Kinanen, tel. +358 50 332 3374.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by May 17th, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.