Local Division IS Manager
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Local Division IS Manager at ABB Oy, IEC LV Motors factory in Vaasa. In this role you will be responsible for identifying the business needs, collecting, qualifying and prioritizing the demand and mobilizing the IS organization to deliver appropriate solutions to meet business needs. We offer you a challenging and important role for the business continuity and development that enables professional development and career opportunities.
The key element of the role is to develop a (rolling) roadmap of local and global projects to present the full overview of IS project portfolio relevant for Local IEC LV Motors management. In this role you will report to IEC Division IS Manager.
- Proactively collaborates and partners with local Division Management to qualify and prioritize demand in area of responsibility.
- Demands and monitors delivery of IS services / support within the local division, supporting execution of requirements within budgeted costs and time schedule.
- Proactively develops and maintains IS competence within area of responsibility, always ensuring alignment to given goals, and compliance with ABB and Motion IS Enterprise Architecture, any relevant IS Standards and any other applicable ABB Group Directives and ABB Group Guidelines.
- Is consulted and provides input for any incident, change or project which has, or might have, a major impact on area of responsibility, and/or on the whole of IS.
- Informs/consults relevant IS colleagues on any change or project activities which may have a major impact on the others' areas of responsibility.
- Contributes to the development of the IS Strategy and Enterprise Architecture for the Local and global BA/divisions, if requested.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree from a relevant field (e.g. engineering, business/economics or Information Technology) and/or equivalent experience.
- Several years’ experience in Manufacturing industry and a few years’ experience as IS/IT Manager role.
- IT Solution implementation experience in manufacturing, engineering and sales areas.
- Project management skills.
- Problem analysis skills and an ability to conceptualize solutions.
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Structured and well-organized way of working.
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English, other language skills are beneficial.
- Experience related to SAP system is an advantage.
- Product data management (PDM) / product lifecycle management (PLM) knowledge and implementation experience is an advantage.
- A manufacturing execution system (MES) knowledge and implementation experience is beneficial.
More about us
The IEC LV Motors Division is a global market leader focused on helping industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation increase energy efficiency. The division offers a full range of energy efficient low voltage motors, including SynRM (synchronous reluctance) motors to help customers reduce power bills and cut emissions. With rugged designs, a global footprint and application expertise, IEC LV motor solutions have a well-earned reputation of improving reliability and productivity in the most demanding applications.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
For more information contact Development Manager Pertti Alamartimo, tel. +358 50 3342717, preferred contact times from Mon to Fri at 15:00-16:30.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by May 17, 2021. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.