UK Front End Sales CWA Area Sales Manager
Home Based, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
An opportunity is available for a Key Account Manager to join ABB in a home based role for Water Industry & Process Industry (Analytical Only). Reporting to the Sales Water Team Manager, Water & Utilities Industry, and the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering an annual sales order budget of circa £2 million.
Forming part of ABB’s Industrial Automation Division, Measurement & Analytics is a market leader in the UK Water and Process Industries, supplying a full range of Analytical, Field & Flow Instrumentation: Main Focus will be on:
• Colourmetric and Ion Selective Monitors
• Turbidity & Suspended Solids
• Conductivity, pH and Dissolved Oxygen
• Sodium, Low level Dissolved Oxygen and Hydrazine
• Zirconia and Hydrogen Purity Systems
• Packaged Systems and Service
The main accountabilities and responsibilities for the role of an Area Sales Manager, Water and Process Industry (Analytical Only), include but are not limited to:
• Expand existing business by investigating new and existing market potential, thus developing the area to ensure long term growth of order income and developing profitable sales revenues
• Development & regular update of sales and marketing strategy for target area & sector, target products and target customers.
• Proactively develop relationships with clients, ensuring regular face to face contact through meetings, visits to ABB premises and presentations
• Identify appropriate ABB products and solutions to fulfill customers’ requirements
• Liaise with the proposals team to ensure quotations & supporting material relative to the activity are produced in a timely & customer focused manner
• Forecast sales activity for assigned area, analyse variances to budget and identify SMART actions to remedy any shortfall.
• Identify, drive & manage new multi-million pound Framework Agreement opportunities, including ownership of process from preparation of bids through to negotiation, award & roll out.
• Collaborate with other ABB colleagues & Divisions to maximise selling potential in target accounts. Enhance ABB-client position by use of ‘one ABB’ strategy where possible
• Personal responsibility to always follow ABB code of conduct; act with integrity and with health and safety never compromised
Targeting the UK Water Industry and Process Industry (Analytical Only), this position will see you focus on dealing with:
• Major Water Utilities
• Engineering Companies & Contractors
• System Integrators, Associated Plant Manufacturers, OEMs, etc
• ABB’s Independent Alliance Partners – Process Market
• Results oriented
• Ability to prioritise own work and meet deadlines
• Self motivated and driven to achieve targets
• Good interpersonal skills, confident & can gain the confidence and trust of clients
• Good questioning and listening skills
• Awareness of the commercial impact of technical decisions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Degree/HND/HNC. Instrumentation, Electrical/Electronic or Chemical Engineering
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good IT skills, particularly MS Office suite
• Driving license
• Sales experience, preferably negotiating & managing large value Framework Agreements
• Sales experience gained within a technical or preferable instrumentation environment, in the utility/process industries
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.