Sales & Operation Planning Specialist [VC move]
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
To ensure that systems/processes necessary to deliver ABB’s products to the marketplace are maintained and delivered effectively, efficiently, on-time, to specification and in a cost effective manner. As the S&OP Manager, you will be developing, leading and executing the business’s S&OP strategy, yielding improved value/experience for customers and an enhanced revenue/margin growth for the business
- Facilitate the planning function, including creation of medium and long term plans to meet the needs of the customer base (ongoing contract reviews)
- Drive and co-ordinate the Sales and Operations Plan (S&OP), including the creation of the S&OP plan, chairing the S&OP meeting and execution of the agreed plan
- Establish and maintain a demand planning
- Coordinate a cross functional team on planning through periodic requirement cycles insuring performance to expectation and identification and implementation of improvement activities
- Monitor operational performance against agreed plans, identify capacity variances, and ensure effective utilization and delivery of capacity
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment
- Recommend and maintain optimal inventory levels at various stages in the supply chain to achieve customer satisfaction levels as well as mitigate inventory exposure
- Execute all facets of the S&OP process to provide an optimum customer service level and working capital performance
- Liaise with Material Planners on short term inventory status and establish variance on open order commitment and formulate adequate communication to customers
- Proven experience of Inventory Planning and Demand Planning
- Very good understanding of operational and planning processes
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret production and demand data
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and improving a Sales and Operations planning process
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- SAP skills are essential in this role
- Customer facing, can do attitude
- Experience of manufacture of electromagnetic products or electrochemical products
- Integration of processes and systems
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.