Woking, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Business Solutions Consultant – is a key role within our EMEA Customer Success team. He/she is responsible for supporting the regional Sales organization and customers in aligning ABB Ellipse Asset Management software products to customer requirements. Determine the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions and effectively convey the value and benefits of the applied ABB products and technology to solve the customer’s critical business issues.
Support the sales processes including opportunity discovery, proposal, product demonstration and final decision across the region such that we achieve our sales goals. This position requires a business consultant with existing hands-on experience using or selling Asset Management solutions, preferably in electrical utilities.
- Provides functional expertise in one or more ABB products in a customer setting. Understands the unique business requirements driving the industries our customers serve and is able to gain trust from the customer that ABB solutions and services meet their needs. The solutions consultant will also focus on the end-to-end solution mapping across the PGGA ES portfolio, into other PG’s within ABB: e.g. Digital Substation, Renewables, Microgrids etc.
- Works under minimal supervision to prepare products for customer demonstrations typically collaborating directly with the customer to ensure customer requirements are fully met. Explains the use of the product in customer terminology. May work with technical experts to obtain and load customer data into ABB products for demonstration purposes and enhance the customer’s experience. Considered as the solution expert facing the customer and draws support as well as provides feedback to product management regarding new features, capabilities, or customer/industry requirements.
- Will craft our solution positioning (value and differentiators etc) in response to a customer requirement and is able to evaluate trade off’s between level of compliance and cost/value. Supports the proposal response function by providing initial review and comments as to qualify the opportunity and if accepted, will be a key resource in supporting the response preparation by directly answering the RFx questions and collaborating with others on the response team to ensure we are addressing the customer’s expectations.
- Prepares and delivers compelling presentations on ABB software solutions for both internal and external audiences. Some content may be standard stock material, however a significant amount of new or modified presentation material may be generated for specific customer or internal situations.
- The solution consultant is the primary support person for sales and account representative for product sales opportunities as well as product upgrades requiring significant services. The solution consultant engages with the sales representative early in the sales cycle on discovery calls, helps qualify opportunities, supports the proposal process, delivers compelling presentations and demonstrations and generally assists the sales process up to contract award. The solution consultant is driven by the sales process and fully supports collaboration across the team and communicating appropriate updates into the sales tools such as Salesforce.com.
- Continuous contributions to innovation.
- Create and deliver training materials relating to technology and best practices.
- Adherence to ABB quality standards.
- Demonstrated high-quality, professional and ethical conduct.
- Producing high quality proposals and presentations
- Ensuring on-time delivery with exceptional operational and functional quality.
- Constantly seeks ways to learn, acquire new skills and knowledge and improve quality of consulting services.
- Keep up to date with product developments, and return customer and market feedback to Product Management.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and products coming to market that may assist in providing solutions to customers.
- Ensure ABB commitments to customer are met, in accordance with the assigned activities.
- Seeks ways to improve customer satisfaction, through appropriate customer interaction, delivering quality presentations and proposals, keeping and presenting ABB values and integrity
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction across all customer interactions.
- Ensures that tasks are executed in compliance with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree related to Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Fluent spoken and written English - Mandatory
- Spoken and written skills in other European languages - Desirable
- Ability to understand customer requirements and either translate those into software solution proposals or to quickly disqualify inappropriate leads
- Strong presentation and demonstration skills with proven ability to develop and deliver high-level and deep-dive presentations.
- Ability to create clear, compelling product demonstrations
- Strong interpersonal skills at technical, operational, procurement and senior management levels.
- Good understanding of complex sales cycles
- Strong ability to prioritize work
- Strategic business acumen, lateral thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team embrace change, and tolerate ambiguity
- Ability to operate with minimum supervision
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in electrical utilities asset management software systems (either as a user or a vendor of such systems)
- Experience with leading Enterprise Asset Management, Asset Performance Management or Mobile Workforce Management solutions is required. Experience with ABB solutions preferred
- Excellent practical knowledge on Windows environment and MS Office tools
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.