Technical Sales Specialist - Wired Communications
St Neots, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Grid Automation – Wired Communication is a leading provider of mission-critical systems and broadband telecommunication solutions. The mission-critical communication business base includes network operators of energy grids, railways, oil and gas pipelines, as well as public authorities. As the Technical Specialist/Manager– Wired Communication for required region, you will support the sales organization through all pre-sales and post-sales phases.
• Support the Hub sales organization to reach out to defined sales targets for UK and other Northern European countries.
• Technical feature demand creation through the implementation of proactive promotional activities for the customer target group, including e.g. technical presentations, demonstrations, seminars and education material
• Establish and maintains effective long-term relationships with target group of customers to understand their current and future needs and to ensure the customer has a good understanding of the ABB Wired and Wireless (TBC) Communication product/systems/services offering, and unique selling point. Ensures a positive experience for the customer target group throughout the selling cycle
Partner with the ABB Sales Managers and Product Managers to ensure winning go-to-market solution. Provide competitive and market feedback to the sales and sales support organization
• Prepare plans for visits and performs regular status reviews, including the analysis and output of the target audience visits. Coordinate and manage the flow of information for supporting sales, including leads development, offers etc. to relevant stakeholders
• Support marketing and sales organization in developing efficient marketing activities and strong value proposition to customers by using effective promotional techniques in accordance with ABB offering and strategy
• Manage and drives education (webinars) of the target audience by conducting and organizing appropriate training interventions. Promote a spirit of learning culture by sharing know-how and cross-collaboration
• Degree in data communication or telecommunications engineering or related field
• At least 5 years of experience in proactive sales and new market/customer development
• Proven experience in early-stage customer acquisition and consultative selling of telecommunication products or systems into utilities and industries (such as Transportation, Oil & Gas, and Authority) is a strong plus
• Knowledge on PCM30/PDH/SDH/MPLS-TP and Voiceover IP for the targeted market domains
• Experience with Data Communication Network design and of MPLS networks (multivendor)
• CCNP certification (or similar)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with a highly business savvy and result-oriented mindset
• Excellent relationship-building and communication skills paired with a highly proactive and goal-oriented attitude
• Excellent command of English; additional languages (especially northern European languages) are a plus
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.