Technical Support Engineer - Flow (aftermarket VC move)
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
To develop and implement Post Sales Technical Support strategy for Global PMU Stonehouse products. To enhance the penetration and profitability of products and services of Measurement & Analytics business by ensuring the provision of competent top level technical support on a UK and International basis, both inside and outside the company.
Core responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
1. To provide application, evaluation, commissioning and fault diagnosis support to products and key end users globally for Global PMU Stonehouse UK Products
2. To develop Post Sales Technical Support for Instrumentation & Analytics products in conjunction with respective Technical Support specialists and Product Sales Managers including:
a. Product and application training to improve/consolidate LSU position on knowledge curve to support Water and Process Industries
b. Post-sales technical support of Measurement & Analytics products
3. To develop Technical Support Reporting tools by introducing key measurable related to improved visibility and reporting of:
a. Enquiry log, data base and trends
b. Activities in focus territories – for e.g. trials, training seminars
c. Time spent overseas
4. To provide direct customer and market feedback to Sales, Marketing and D&D departments for new products and product improvement programmes
5. To assist with training and increasing technical knowledge of Product Sales Managers as well as Sales Support Engineers via a formalised and accredited training programme
6. To play an active role in ensuring that, through total quality commitment, the Company’s quality charter objectives are met
7. To assist in ensuring compliance with Health and Safety requirements of work practices and product performances
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.