Area Sales Manager - Midlands
Home Based, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Responsible for sales of products/systems/services within a designated market in accordance with the Drives and Controls strategy. Build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities
• Volume and profit Sells products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/Product Groups
• Customer relations Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensures a positive customer
experience throughout the sales process
• Sales plans Prepares sales plans using company tools. Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls
• Sales Creates added value for the customer and ABB and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicates details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery
time, payments, and general terms and conditions)
• Marketing Ensures efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers
• New market opportunities Identifies and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration
• Administration Manages administrative procedures in sales processes, and supports collection and project management activities when needed
• Offer preparation Prepares offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager
• Ensures appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions
• Channel Partner Management – Support and manage the assigned channel partner on a day to day basis technically commercially and with joint visits and customer technical training where required
• HND/HNC Electrical Engineering
• Experience of supporting a front end sales
• Networking, social, team builder, result and
customer oriented; assertive but also flexible
• Having hunger for business & result making
• Willingness to travel
• Competence in products, applications, markets and competition
• Commercial aptitude
• Variable Speed Drives and Motor experience
• Energy saving theory and audit experience
• HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering
• Presentation Skills
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.